Advanced Standing Qualification
- At the end of Year 2, a dissertation mentor (DM) must be registered for each student in the Graduate Studies Office (GSO). It is the responsibility of the DM to notify the GSO no later than May 1.
- Each Religion Department Ph.D. candidate shall complete a minimum of three qualifiers.
- The number of qualifiers shall be determined by each area.
- Qualifiers should be completed as early in Year 3 as the student and dissertation mentor deem possible.
- Qualifying exams need not be proctored by the Graduate Office.
- Qualifying artifacts shall be graded and assessed by a student’s area faculty, with a majority required for passage.
- The dissertation mentor is responsible for reporting a student’s successful completion of an area’s qualifying requirements.
- Areas shall submit a description of qualifying requirements for approval by the graduate faculty.
For more information, contact the Graduate Studies Office.